Your Vision is Our Vision – Whatever it Takes!
Encompass Community Services, a quiet achiever in the Geelong community, supports people of all abilities to be AMAZING! We pride ourselves in providing universal opportunities for all and in shaping sustainable local communities. For over 30 years, we have been actively engaging with people with physical, intellectual, sensory and psychological disabilities; as well as other individuals who are disadvantaged such as disengaged youth, long-term unemployed and those facing financial, social or learning barriers. By working together with the community and YOU, we aim to end damaging stigmas and stereotypes; and open doors of opportunities for all people – whatever background, whatever ability. We believe and invest in YOU! We are here to help you realise your goals, no matter how long it takes. We will go through the journey with YOU and will be with you, every step of the way. Chat to us, 03 5222 3377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Our Amazing Staff
Encompass staff are not afraid to be out of their comfort zone. They love to learn and evolve in order to improve the way things are. They are some of the most compassionate, warmest and hardworking people you will ever meet – always ready to smile and stand by YOU!
Create a Brand New World With Us
YOU and Encompass can provide people living with a disability a brand new world.
We run various programs and services to help build better sustainable local communities; and make sure that no one gets left behind!
Here’s a snapshot:
- Our Hub 3219 program collected 763.4 tonnes of pre-loved furniture. 88% of this was reused, recycled or upcycled. That saved 671.3 tonnes of waste going to landfill!
- Encompass HomeStart, in partnership with Give Where You Live, distributed 1250 Material Aid Vouchers at a value of $62k, where beneficiaries were in high need demographics (single parents, people with a disability, unemployed, refugees)
- Over 60 volunteers within our social enterprises were given an opportunity to upskill and gain work experience, making them ‘job ready’
- Approx 500 job placements since 2010 (not including 100 self-employed) through our Disability Employment Service; with over 50 jobseekers on one-on-one appointment supported per day
- Over 400 students gained full qualification since 2013 through Encompass’ College of Education in Training; with nearly 300 youth participants in our Employability Skills Training (that we only started just over a year ago)
- 100% of the produce from our farm, The Paddock, are grown spray-free; with 100% access provided to the vulnerable members of the local community to help alleviate food security issues
- Nearly 200 people with a disability supported everyday
- Approx 33% of our staff live with a disability
- Over 30 years of passionate service to the Geelong community and surrounds
With your support, we can create a brand new world. Together.
VOTE NOW!! VOTE NOW!!
A FAIR GO. A SECOND CHANCE.
THIS IS THE BOTTOMLINE
Offer FREE barista course to people living with disability/disadvantage
The Encompass College of Education & Training will set up 2 training coffee stations at our social enterprises site in Apollo Place, Whittington, identified as having a large group of residents experiencing extreme disadvantage.
Encompass will provide quality barista training, experienced industry trainers, as well as work placement/experience opportunities at our cafe ‘3219 Eat’.
As a pilot project, the course will run weekly for 6 months, with a target of 250 participants (particularly people living with a disability or coming from a disadvantaged background) obtaining a barista qualification and placing 85% of them (or more) into work
DON’T STARE BE AWARE
FREE! DISABILITY AWARENESS TRAINING!
Not everyone has experience of disability and people with disabilities and there are so many misconceptions. The only way to break these myths is through AWARENESS
Click Here for further information
RESPITE & TOURS
NEW CALENDAR RELEASED!
Check out this amazing list of activities!
Have you booked yet?
To guarantee your spot put your preference in by the 15 August 2018
Contact Janelle via email: email@example.com or call 03 5222 3377
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION & TRAINING
Encompass College of Education and Training, back to back finalist at the prestigious Victorian Training Awards (2016 and 2017) can help you kickstart your new career! Chat to us: 5222 3377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OVERCOME THE BARRIERS AND BUILD SELF ESTEEM!
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR 2019!!
Foundation Programs not only DEVELOP SKILLS & BUILD CONFIDENCE but BUILDS SELF ESTEEM & BREAKS BARRIERS for people with intellectual disabilities. Giving EMPOWERMENT to students to potentially progress into work and/or further studies!!
Currently taking expressions of interest for the below:
22293VIC – Certificate I in Initial Adult Literacy and Numeracy
22302VIC – Certificate I in Work Education
22301VIC – Certificate I in Transition Education
22294VIC – Course in Initial Adult Literacy and Numeracy
PRE REQUISITES: Entry to the FOUNDATION PROGRAMS are restricted to post compulsory school age learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment/intellectual disability which may be accompanied by additional conditions. Permanent cognitive impairment/ intellectual disability must be evidenced which may include formal assessment by a registered medical practitioner, doctors/specialist reports, attendance at a Special School/SDS, integration support at school or integration support at school with modified curriculum.
Connect with us on Facebook
This information is available in multiple formats on request.