Your Vision is Our Vision – Whatever it Takes!
Encompass Community Services, a quiet achiever in the Geelong community, supports people of all abilities to be AMAZING! We pride ourselves in providing universal opportunities for all and in shaping sustainable local communities. For over 30 years, we have been actively engaging with people with physical, intellectual, sensory and psychological disabilities; as well as other individuals who are disadvantaged such as disengaged youth, long-term unemployed and those facing financial, social or learning barriers. By working together with the community and YOU, we aim to end damaging stigmas and stereotypes; and open doors of opportunities for all people – whatever background, whatever ability. We believe and invest in YOU! We are here to help you realise your goals, no matter how long it takes. We will go through the journey with YOU and will be with you, every step of the way. Chat to us, 03 5222 3377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of Our Amazing Staff
Encompass staff are not afraid to be out of their comfort zone. They love to learn and evolve in order to improve the way things are. They are some of the most compassionate, warmest and hardworking people you will ever meet – always ready to smile and stand by YOU!
Create a Brand New World With Us
YOU and Encompass can provide people living with a disability a brand new world.
We run various programs and services to help build better sustainable local communities; and make sure that no one gets left behind!
Here’s a snapshot:
- Our Hub 3219 program collected 763.4 tonnes of pre-loved furniture. 88% of this was reused, recycled or upcycled. That saved 671.3 tonnes of waste going to landfill!
- Encompass HomeStart, in partnership with Give Where You Live, distributed 1250 Material Aid Vouchers at a value of $62k, where beneficiaries were in high need demographics (single parents, people with a disability, unemployed, refugees)
- Over 60 volunteers within our social enterprises were given an opportunity to upskill and gain work experience, making them ‘job ready’
- Approx 500 job placements since 2010 (not including 100 self-employed) through our Disability Employment Service; with over 50 jobseekers on one-on-one appointment supported per day
- Over 400 students gained full qualification since 2013 through Encompass’ College of Education in Training; with nearly 300 youth participants in our Employability Skills Training (that we only started just over a year ago)
- 100% of the produce from our farm, The Paddock, are grown spray-free; with 100% access provided to the vulnerable members of the local community to help alleviate food security issues
- Nearly 200 people with a disability supported everyday
- Approx 33% of our staff live with a disability
- Over 30 years of passionate service to the Geelong community and surrounds
With your support, we can create a brand new world. Together.
Clothing the Community
Every July, since 2015, Encompass runs CLOTHING THE COMMUNITY, a clothing drive that provides assistance to families in need during the cold winter months. In partnership with WorkSafe and 93.9 Bay FM, clothing donation bins are spread across Geelong for people to put their clothing donations in (mostly warm winter clothing). Last year, approx 75 families per week were given assistance, with mostly women and children fleeing from domestic violence. Chat to us: 03 5222 3377 or email@example.com.
DROP OFF POINTS (check business hours):
Encompass Community Services Inc., 400 Pakington St (river end), Mon-Fri, 8.30am-4.30pm
WorkSafe Victoria, 1 Malop St, Mon-Fri, 8.3am to 5pm
Bay 93.9 Geelong, 83 Moorabool St , Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm
ReadyStart, 138A Wilsons Rd, Whittington, Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm
Gforce Employment Solutions, Cnr Gheringhap & McKillop Sts, Mon-Fri, 8.30am-4.30pm
Discount Stationers, 81 Separation St, Bell Park, Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm // Sat 8.30am-12pm
Fit N Focused Personal Training, 21 Birkett Pl, South Geelong, Mon-Fri, 6am-8pm // Sat 6am-1pm
Parallax Performing Arts, 2A 21 Leather St, Breakwater, Mon-Thu, 4.30pm-9pm // Sat 9am-4pm (closed school holidays)
Leopold Primary School, 1 Kensington Rd, Leopold, Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm (closed school holidays)
Bunnings Leopold, 7 days a week (check store hours)
If you want to be a drop off point, please contact 5222 3377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Encompass College of Education and Training, back to back finalist at the prestigious Victorian Training Awards (2016 and 2017) can help you kickstart your new career! Chat to us: 5222 3377 or email@example.com.
DISCOVER YOUR NEW CAREER PATH
If you’re not sure which direction your career should go in, you’re thinking about making a change, or you just want to feel more fulfilled in your job, Encompass College of Education and Training Geelong is a great way to gain a nationally recognised qualification that will improve your ability to enter the workforce and enhance your career.
CURRENT HIGH DEMAND COURSES
CHC43115 – Certificate IV in Disability
HLT33015 – Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support
(Dual Qualification) HLT33015 – Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance / CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
To express and interest click here , email firstname.lastname@example.org
or simply call 5222 3377
Enrolment in a funded place for this course may have a later impact on your ability to access future Government funding